- Bump Mapping – This feature uses normal maps to perturb the surface normals when calculating Diffuse, Specular and Reflection lighting vectors. 1
- Dirt Mapping - This texture is a standard color texture that multiplies the colors onto the diffuse texture and the specular texture, whichever channels the user defines via the booleans: Dirt Map Affect Diffuse? and Dirt Map Affect Specular?
- Diffuse, Specular, Incandescent and Reflection Based Illumination - The shader draws illumination from 3 different sources: point light, incandescence and reflections. The point light drives the diffuse and specular illumination. Incandescence is mapped with a color channel and additional texture channel. Reflection based lighting is calculated through a lower MipMap lookup of the reflection texture and applied with addition.
- Vertex Coloration - Vertex coloration allows users to bake ambient occlusion, diffuse-diffuse reflections or direct scene lighting information into the vertices without taking a diffuse, spec, incandescent or dirt texture channel.3
- Fresnel Reflections, Fresnel Ramp Remap Texture and Fresnel Reflection Softness
- Fresnel Reflections – uses facing ratio calculation to define areas that are more reflective based on glancing reflected angles form the viewer
- Fresnel Ramp Remap Texture – uses a 2D map where the UV coordinates are defined as: U = “Fresnel Slider” and V = facing ratio. 2
- Fresnel Reflection Softness – will soften the reflection where the surface points more toward the viewer
- Float3 Color and Color Texture Inputs for Multiple Features - Multiple channels support input for both a float3 color channel and a color texture assignment. The supported features are: incandescence, diffuse, specular
- Light Position and Light Color - define the position and color of a point light
Normal MappingDownload Video
Fresnel Reflection StrengthDownload Video
Fresnel Slider ControlDownload Video
Fresnel Softness ControlDownload Video
Reflection Stretch CorrectionDownload Video
Reflection Lighting AdditiveDownload Video
Assigning Vertex ColorsDownload Video
Table of Attributes
DownloadYou may download the latest shaders from Dashboard
last updated: Oct 21, 2010 @ 5:23p PST
Notes1.If you have no texture assigned for the normal map, make sure the “Bump” value is set to zero. The current implementation will perturb normals with, or without, the presence of a loaded normal map. 2.You can generate any map of your choosing to load for this attribute. Keep in mind this attribute should be greyscale. Only the horizontal dimension of this texture is read at any time. Keep a section of texture that transitions from black(left) to white(right) in a linear fashion. The following images are generated from the same mesh and same shader with a different Fresnel Ramp ReMap texture 3.In the current release of this shader, the vertex colors affect only the diffuse color.
Last Modified: May 15, 2013