- Support for 24P and 24PsF added
- Improved 4k playback performance
- requires Hyper-threading to be disabled in BIOS
8505 (06/27/2014) – Public (requires nVidia drivers update, through Windows Update)
- Completely new Color Tab
- Foreground/Background independent color correcting tools, color balancing, saturation, gamma, contrast and other controls.
- Built-in Waveform Parade Monitors (Overlay, RGB and Lumma)
- Built-in test patterns
- Composite “3-wheel” color correcting tools
- 1080i 50.0Hz input format fully implemented
- Previzion “reset on startup” is triggered when starting up Previzion holding down SHIFT
- Proper DF and NDF timecode detection for LTC inputs
- Corrected timecode output when using latest firmwares of Arri Alexa cameras
- Proper lens calibration legacy export for calibration with “infinity” distances
- Corrected “.cam” file extension for lens calibration files with period in name
- Entry Pupil position implemented in SMPTE 315M metadata
- Removed “CTRL + Q” hotkey to quit application
- Tape Measure Tool outputs XYZ coordinates (relative to scene) as well as calculated distance
- Tape Measure Tool, when “Display on HD-SDI” is enabled, can be used as a center “cross-hair” in return output
- Keying Tab has new color pickers
- System Tab Screen Text has new color picker
- Fixed issue with lens calibration of prime lenses
- Survey Matte input window updated layout
- Known Issues
- If matte is selected on the Mattes Tab and a save state is triggered, the matter looses its name and ends up removed.
- Set Floor y-position does not update on focus on the interface.
- Certain drop-down menus cycle continuously when using the mouse scroll wheel.
7831 (10/07/2013) – not public
- Tape Measure Tool Improved – measurements are now shown as X/Y/Z measurements with reference to scene coordinates.
- “edit_” in Collada scenes are now enabled.
- “black frame” bug fix – fixed issue when changing frame rates, a 4k video that is paused would show a black frame. Now it shows the first frame of the video.
- Updated Default Sensor Size List – added F5, F55, PMW350, C300, C500.
- Removed redundant step in Lens Calibration cycle.
- Survey Markers default to more elegant size (0.5 of previous markers for better viewing).
- Added missing tooltips to “Horizon line” and “Wireframe”
7802 (10/04/2013) – Public
- Smoothing defaults to Airtrack 1.5 threshold values.
- fixed bug when lens is set to min zoom and infinity focus.
- 720/50Hz Input Format. Format not fully implemented, but listed.
- secondary “high speed” output disabled.
- Updated Default Sensor Size List – updated Alexa Plus 4:3, Alexa Studio, Alexa (16:9 mode), Red Epic, Red Scarlet.
7686 (08/23/2013) – not public
- Airtrack 1.5 Compatibility
- Select-able Save States Parameters. Completely new System States with the ability to selectively pick the parameter for which to load from a given System Save State.
- Ability to “Save” System States as well as “Save as”. Currently, labels are swapped.
- System Save States formatted as xml files that can be exported/imported at any given time.
- Select-able transmit parameters when controlling multiple Previzion systems.
- Completely new Lens Calibration interface and procedure. Use of a “fixed position” lens calibration with various improvements which include but are not limited to:
- Click-able lens matrix to select which point to calibrate next
- Real-time 3D graph representing the various parameter of the lens
- Ability to edit specific points from within the Lens Calibration interface in Previzion
- Offline Lens Mapping of Lens Calibrations – Captured full resolution images that generates a lens calibration file that allows for archiving and potentially re-process a lens
- Little to no need for Lens Grapher editing
- Lens Calibration
- Import/Export Legacy Calibration Files
- ability to calibrate to “infinity” focus
- Ability to make video depth (“subject depth”) lock to a specific surveyed coordinate, using markers.
- Addition of “Enable Foreground” as scene effects to allow for “Background” only rendering when using CPU intensive scenes.
- New Camera Sensor selector organized by camera type.
- Addition of 720/25Hz Input Format. Format not fully implemented, but listed.
- Screen Text toggle functions as a group for which each setting is selectable.
- “Lens” Tab is now “Camera” tab
- Improved Previzion focus distance interpolation algorithm
7178 (02/22/2013) – not public
- Ability to disable/enable built-in Keyer
- Tweaked Blue Screen “Reset Blue” Values
- “Circle” Feature Tracking disabled in this version (please keep previous version if this is being used)
- New “Smoothing” (replaces “Position Clamping”) for Airtrack and/or Intersense with separate settings for angular clamping and positioning clamping. Default values for Smoothing feature added.
- “Lock” background. Freezes the background while key is held down.
6903 (11/07/2012) – Note that this and later builds require Hardware Licensing file.
- Changed XML format of Previzion take and video network events
- Improved “Capture Now” Thumbnails buffer for “full width” capturing
- Improved loader and new progress bar
- Improved Previzion system connectivity moved to TCP/IP when controlling more than one system
- New builds use hardware licensing (requires GetSystemId)
6710(10/04/2012) – not public
- “Show” checkbox to toggle hide/show for Scene Elements
- Mo-Sys Crane integration as new “Location” tracker
- Embedded metadata in HSDI output on all frame rates (data recorded on line 10 as SMPTE 315M)
- Show observer view over HDSDI as a toggle selection
- RED Epic/Scarlet timecode over ANC SDI data enabled
- New Scene loader UI with cancel-able option
- Improved 60i Keying blur
- Added “Progressive” support for RED Epic/Scarlet integration passing through and properly outputting with no signal conversion
- implemented 1080p @23.976Hz
- implemented 1080p @25Hz
- implemented 1080p @29.97Hz
- Improved video flags verified data embedding over HDSDI output
- 1080PsF @ 29.97 properly receives and passes through its video flags over HDSDI output
- New garbage mattes UI
- New “keep” and “foreground” matte functionality
- Sortable and selectable mattes
- Added “reset blue” defaults to Keying tab
- Take thumbnail format changed to PNG for improved performance
- Improved lens calibration UI for RED One 720p support
- First pass at feature tracking implemented for additional through the lens tracking (TTL Tracking)
- Improved 60i keying motion and video playback
- Alt + Click RESET in Observer View moves Virtual Camera to Observer View Camera
- Improvements with MotionBuilder PreCam plugin
- Complete tooltip implementation for buttons and functions with hotkeys.
- 4k h.264 playback
- Tape measure tool
- Center button
- Observer view only on computer not in HDSDI Outputs
- new system error light
- improved take system
- thumbnail capture changed to HDSDI capture
- Seperate take info burn-ins for time code, take data and lens
- Survey markers unaffected by camera offset. User can enter XYZ or Northing Easting Elevation coords.
- 1080/25.0p support for Red Epic
- Synchronized embedded HDSDI audio support
- HDSDI output buttons blocked from change during take recording
- Improved lens calibration UI
5778 (01/12/2012) —Note that this and later builds require a Merlin firmware and driver update to 0x34.
- Capture Now button now captures screen at any time
- Previzion logo now appears on HDSDI outptus when ‘None’ is selected as output
- Added filter to remove Intersense single frame position ‘pops’
- Panavision S35 anamorphic film tap support
- Cameron/Pace Group stereo metadata rig support
- Windows 7/64 bit port
- Clear error log button
- Added memory monitor
- Added scroll bars to CgFx shader editor
- Added Arri Alexa to sensor size support
- Angular offset adjustments now specific to each tracker
- Timecode display on main panel
- Ctrl-F fullscreen keyboard shortcut
- Animation transform usage meter
- Cut, copy, and paste to drag edits
- Drawn and surveyed tracking mattes
- Despill mattes
- Add-mix composite controls to keyer
- Ability to change screen text color
- General Lift Technocrane tracking
- Stereo export data to Syntheyes exporter
- Horizontal and vertical video input flip (for stereo)
- Live stereo metadata from Element Technica rig
- Switchable left/right view of stereo scene
- Corrected IO and convergence for moving entry pupil in zoom lenses
- Interlaced 60i rendering and MPEG2 decode
- 1080/25.0 PsF video
- 2nd HDSDI output for matte/comp/etc.
- VANC timecode on 3 lines as per SMPTE RP188
- Transmit system state over network
- Load multiple MPEG2 files at once
- Save and load system state