Check Firmware Revision
- Open BRec, and right click the circle and triangle icon in the top left corner. Select About BRec.
- The F1 Rev should display 0×03 – 04 for Firmware rev 3, subrev 4.
Updating Video Firmware
- Download the current firmware, and unzip it to a local directory. This is located under Previzion Builds/Plugins under Previous Releases
- In a MS-DOS prompt, navigate to the directory location and type: eepmerlinip -b1 -q3 -w16 MerlinIP_110.bit
- Wait while firmware is updated and completion message appears. Press Enter to exit.
- Power down the system, and remove the power cord for 10 seconds to completely remove FPGA state.
- Start up the system, and verify in the Hardware Manager that the card is properly recognized.
Updating BRecYou may need to install a later version of BRec, if the RC198 version does not properly recognize the display card.
- Use the same zip file as “Updating video Firmware” and replace the BRec.exe in the C:\Program Files\SkyMicro\Merlin directory with the new one.
Installing Current DriverThis is rarely needed, but just in case:
- Use the same zip file as “Updating video Firmware” and unzip it to a temp directory.
- After powering up, use the Device Manager to install a new driver.
Direct the driver selection to the /driver_0×32_04/driver directory. The MerlinIP board should show up in Device Manager as below.
Last Modified: August 7, 2014