Rendering your Previzion ready scene in Maya is easy to do. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Render your scene with Maya Hardware renderer.
Here are some things you’ll need to know
- Maya will not render the proper lens distortion that is rendered in Previzion
- Maya Hardware renderer will NOT render Maya materials
- You Must convert all your maya materials to CGFX shaders to render in Maya Hardware renderer.
Rendering with Maya Hardware
Navigate to the render settings window. This is where you’ll change the renderer to the Maya Hardware renderer. Using the hardware renderer is the best fit for rendering a scene that matches the Previzion render as close as possible. This makes use of the CGFX shaders which Previzion uses.
The menu navigation is: Window –> Rendering Editors –> Render Settings
- Number of Samples – This is hardware anti-aliasing.
- Motion Blur By Frame – Previzion renders blur over one frame
- Number of Exposures – Amount of renders performed to create blurred image