Newer Build ImportingFor importing transform changes into Maya with newer builds of Previzion, you’ll need access to the .xml file written in the take folder.
Open up your .xml state file from the take in notepad. Do a simple replacement using Edit > Replace, and replace any ; with a space.
Now you can locate your edit_ transform matrix.
In Maya, select the object you want to move, and using the MEL command line at the bottom of the window, use the command xform -m with the matrix information and hit Enter.
How to Load
- Copy the .mel script into the “MEL” tab of the Script Editor (Menu Path: Window –> General Editors –> Script Editor)
- Now Execute the Script with the “execute” command
How To Use
- Press the “Locate transforms.txt” button. This will load the .txt file into memory and activate the “Apply Transform” button.
- Because of a bug in the new File Loading widget in Maya, pressing the “Load” button will ask if you want to overwrite the selected file. Disregard this warning and hit “yes.”
- The “Transform path” text field will now show the selected .txt file
- Press the “Apply Transforms” button and Voila!
Download HereYou may download the latest version of Transform Data from Take Import tool from our Download Dashboard.
last updated on January 13th, 2011 @ 11:30p PST
tested on Maya 2011, please send word if this tool does not work on your machine