This page discusses keeping clean faces for export
- Using Selection Constraints
- Co-planar faces (lamina)
- N-Gons: Faces with more than 4 sides
- Triangulation by Hand
Selection Constraints: Cleaning Faces
The Selection Constraints window pinpoints geometry based on various search criteria.
- Faces constructed with n-amount of edges
- Faces with zero area, modified by user defined threshold
- Faces with zero texture mapped area, modified by user defined threshold
Step 1: Triangulate N-Sided Faces
N-Gons, or N-Sided Faces, are any faces constructed by 5 or more edges. These faces need to be divided until they are quads (constructed by four edges), or triangles.
- Select your object. With mouse still over object, RMB + Click & Hold to get radial pop-up menu. Select Faces from menu.
- Open The Select Constraints Window: –> Polygons (Menu Set) –> Select –> Select Using Constraints
- Make sure to select “All and Next” from the radio buttons along the top.
- For Order type: select “NSided”
- Triangulate the selected faces with: Polygons –> Mesh –> Triangulate